- Makrides M, Neumann MA, Byard RW, Simmer K, Gibson RA. Fatty acid composition of brain, retina, and erythrocytes in breast- and formula-fed infants. Am J Clin Nutr.1994;60(2):189-94.
- Bradbury J. Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA): An Ancient Nutrient for the Modern Human Brain. Nutrients.2011;3(5):529-54.
- Fats and fatty acids in human nutrition. Report of an expert consultation. FAO Food Nutri Pap.2010;91:1-166.
- Birch EE, Carlson SE, Hoffman DR, et al. The DIAMOND (DHA Intake And Measurement Of Neural Development) Study: a double-masked, randomized controlled clinical trial of the maturation of infant visual acuity as a function of the dietary level of docosahexaenoic acid. Am J Clin Nutr.2010;91(4):848-59.
- Drover JR, Hoffman DR, Castañeda YS, et al. Cognitive function in 18-month-old term infants of the DIAMOND study: a randomized, controlled clinical trial with multiple dietary levels of docosahexaenoic acid. Early Hum Dev. 2011;87(3):223-30.
- Birch EE, Hoffman DR, Uauy R, Birch DG, Prestidge C. Visual acuity and the essentiality of docosahexaenoic acid and arachidonic acid in the diet of term infants. Pediatr Res.1998;44(2):201-9.
- Agostoni C, Trojan S, Bellù R, Riva E, Giovannini M. Neurodevelopmental quotient of healthy term infants at 4 months and feeding practice: the role of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids. Pediatr Res.1995;38(2):262-6.
- Birch EE, Garfield S, Hoffman DR, Uauy R, Birch DG. A randomized controlled trial of early dietary supply of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and mental development in term infants. Dev Med Child Neurol. 2000;42(3):174-81.
- Devlin, H. What is Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI)? Psych Central. 2015. http://psychcentral.com/lib/what-is-functional-magnetic-resonance-imaging-fmri. Accessed June 6, 2016.
- Clay, RA. Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging: A New Research Tool. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association, 2007. https://www.apa.org/research/tools/fmri-adult.pdf. Accessed June 7, 2016.
This content is for registered users only.
Registration is free and reserved for healthcare professionals.
Forgot your password? Reset it.